Friday, April 25, 2008

Twin update

Well I had my monthly ultrasound yesterday. The babies both look good! Amy Bleak is here visiting us with her family so she got to come with me, thanks Amy. Back to the babies, while they were looking at baby B He opened up his mouth and stuck his hand in it. That was fun to watch. Baby B is weighing about 3 pounds 11 ounces. Baby A is weighing about 3 pounds 4 ounces. So they are both growing really good. The doc's sounded surprised that they were so big.
This morning I went to my Doc and he went over my test that I had last time that I was there. My blood pressure is still really good, my sugar was perfect, my iron is great so I don't have to take iron pills anymore! that is a first for me when I am pregnant (I wonder how much iron is in Oreo cookies?) my weight is good and I measure FULL TERM... and because of that, my cervix is thinning. My Doc is not to worried about that yet because with twins that is common, if there was only one baby it would be full term and so that weight on the cervix makes it thin. I just need to take it easy but I already do that. He said lots of water and not to much walking, more than six contractions in a hour I have to call him but I feel like I have a few more weeks at least. The babies need a few more weeks too. Jarod needs to put our crib up soon or he will have to do it when I am in the Hospital. I still feel really good. I have a lot of energy. I just have a big belly! I feel bad for Blake, he is the perfect height for me to always nock him in the head with it.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

It is so cool to read about your progress. It sounds like you and the babies are healthy and happy. I love the comment about knocking Blake in the head with your belly. Poor kid. I will definately get that chocolate cake recipe from Jaelyn. Sounds Delicious!

Tina said...

I laugh about this post just because we just went through all of this with Jana. And now, our fun is just beginning. (If you know what I mean) I cannot imagine what you moms of twins are going to do. It absolutely boggles my mind! Good Luck!!! And, yes, keep those babies in there for a few more weeks; they need it!

Kristen said...

It's so great to hear everything is going well. I can't wait to see the little one.

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you are still feeling well. I remember every time I'd reach into the freezer when I was pregnant, I would hit the Magnetic Leap Frog Alphabet game on my fridge and it would start singing. It scared me everytime. I should have learned and moved it, but I didn't! Keep taking it easy.

Ashley said...

I'm glad to hear that you are still feeling well and have energy. That is something that you are going to need a lot of. Hopefully you will be able to keep the babies in a little longer, even though you don't feel like there's any more room left. Tell Jarod and the kids we said "Hi"!

katiebonham said...

I can just imagine Blake running into your tummy.:) I am glad everything is going well. It is about time you put up another belly picture don't you think!!:)