Thursday, November 27, 2008

Getting ready for Thanksgiving


Alright so my friend talked us into frying our turkey this year. This is something that we have never done but we are very excited to try it. Don't worry we won't be doing the frying. I was told how to get it ready so I eagerly cut the extra skin off from around its neck! I should have thought that skin is like hair and if you pull it while your cutting it then it will shrink! I was told it will be OK though. Then she said to cut off the wings, another thing that I have never done so I took the scissors to it. Hello scissors do not cut through bone... So I grabbed the biggest knife and started to cut off the wings, I kind of felt like a doctor. I didn't really like it but I kept on going. Next you get your rub and go under the skin another gross thing that I didn't think I should be doing. I fondled a turkey... Tomorrow morning we take the turkey to the frying dude. I will let ya know how it went. Happy Thanksgiving all

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Gross. I hate touching raw poultry, especially with the bones and skin on. How did it turn out? Hope you guys had a happy Thanksgiving!